Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

Three Baptisms

Hey mom!
How are you? Thank you for the email! Sounds like Ammon did a great job! That is awesome to hear! We played soccer today and well I suck at soccer! So it was just all right! I wouldn’t mind bringing a football one day! That would be a lot more fun for me!  Dang I wish I could have been there for the baptism! They are always so spiritual! I can feel the spirit just by reading the experience! I have a hard time giving blessings in Spanish... the last Monday we went to a member’s house and the husband asked us to give his wife a blessing of health and him a blessing of comfort! So for the blessing of his wife I did in Spanish and struggled through it a little but it was good! Then he asked me to give him the blessing of comfort and he understands English and so I did it in English! It was a lot longer and the words were different but the same spirit was there and I guess that is all that matters, right?
Well keep reading the scriptures and doing everything that you should be doing! 
We had three baptisms this week and it was super spiritual! They are going to be so strong in the church! We baptized a mom and her two daughters! They were super prepared and really I feel like the lord did everything! I take no credit for anything! The part that was the best for me though was the next day after church we had a family home evening with them and we watched a video of the family and the importance and one of the daughters that has not always liked listening to us and was not baptized was crying!  She expressed to us how she misses her dad and how she wishes that he could be with them.  I don’t know the whole story but I guess he left them a while back... It was a very spiritual experience and well I shared how you did not have a dad in your house and well the spirit was strong and I just want to thank you for sharing your stories with me so I can help people all the way here in Ecuador! I am doing good! I love the mission and I just love everything!


Tell everyone that I love them!

Elder Guild

No comments:

Post a Comment