Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter




Hey mom!

Thanks for the awesome email! Sounds like everything is going great! I will have to tell you that I did not have time to color eggs but I did give them to a family of investigators who have the two cutest little girls ever.  I hope they have fun with it! I wont lie I forgot it was even Easter! They have a celebration here and they eat this soup called fanesca! It is pretty good! They pretty much get all the grains they can find and make a soup out of it. 

This week was a pretty special one! We were able to have a lot of spiritual experiences! First of all we had a family home evening with some family investigators and we were hoping to have about four families there only two showed up but it was still good! The bishop talked about his conversion story and also his wife shared hers. They talked about the commandments and then they talked about having eternal families! For me it is hard to really think of the happiness that we can have after this life in the celestial kingdom with god and our families! So I had everyone close their eyes and I told them to think of their lives and all of the experiences that they have had.  The good and the bad.  Then I told them to think of when they felt the happiest! I let them think about it for a while and then had them open their eyes.  I proceeded by asking them who was with them in their happiest moments and of course it was their families! I then told them that what they felt right now and when they were thinking of the most happiest moments that they have had if they could multiply that by 100,000,000then they might be able to know the joy that they will have after this life if they can just obey the commandments and fulfill everything that heavenly father has for them! It was pretty sweet! We were also able to find two find two new families this week! That was awesome and the one family is from Florida! The mother does not even speak Spanish very well! They moved down here to take care of the grandparents! They are really interested and I am a little nervous to try and teach them in English! Our first visit was super hard! I kept on getting my words mixed up!!

Tell everyone that I love them! I am doing great! I love it here! We went to the middle of the world today so that was pretty cool I didn’t have time to take a lot of pictures but I did take some! Love you



Elder Guild



No comments:

Post a Comment