Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

VAMOS!

Hey mom!! I am glad you got rid of that tree!! Sounds a little dangerous! Did Jacob like his birthday? So it sounds really cold there and here it is not cold at all.  Actually it is the hottest time of the year.  From now until about March I guess it rains a lot and is super hot.  People don't like it because it is so hot... I'm not sure what I would pick the super hot or the cold but it really is not too hot here.  I guess there are other parts of Ecuador like the jungle that are a lot hotter! My package was only a little over weight so i guess it only cost 5 dollars and they are sending it here to Esmeraldas.  
Elder Aliaga is very chill! He is an awesome guy really! Haha he makes me laugh! He is just so chill and goes with the flow! I don't think we could have an argument if I wanted one! He is really young though.  Only eighteen years old and he has only been a member of the church for about a year and a half now so he is not only young in age and maturity but also young in the church! Haha this makes the teaching interesting! He has actually only been in Ecuador for 6 more weeks than me! And our lessons are not quite the same as they were with old Elder Bautista! I guess I never really realized how good of a teacher Elder Bautista was! Elder Aliaga is good, he is just young and inexperienced as well as me haha but I cant really go through a whole lesson in full detail because my spanish is not that good yet and my companion forgets to really asks questions some times and so a veces our lessons are super short! haha so we have a lot of extra time but we are going to be working on our teaching skills and I hope it gets better!  

Elder Aliaga:

Our week went well! We taught a lot of lessons we even found two new investigators and we have one kid who is really progressing--well and I think we will be able to baptize him in a couple weeks! Elder Aliaga is super good with helping me with my spanish and I asked him if he would correct me whenever I make mistakes and he has been doing that so that is awesome! Haha he is a little shy and timid at times but something that might surprise you is I kinda don't have any fear when I go and talk to people! I know my spanish is not good at all and I cant understand completely everything but I just don't really think about it! The other day we were contacting and we knocked on a door and the lady was busy so we set an appointment for the next day! haha well they next day came and as we came up to the house there was this big black man with his shirt off in the door way and it was a little intimidating! So we were walking and I noticed Elder Aliaga was just going to walk right passed and I asked him what he was doing and he was like they look a little busy! So I just looked at him for a second then said vamos! And I went up to the man and was like hola como esta? haha he didnt even say anything but come in! haha so we came in and we taught these ladies and got two new investigators! And then later during the week the same exact thing happened and I had to tell Elder Aliaga vamos! And we ended up teaching someone new! So he is a little shy, but I think I will help him with that.  I always just think to myself to Just Do It! Really what is the worst that could happen! Most of the people in this world are pretty nice!  

This is Elder Gebs. He is from Evanston:


I get to see Elder Bautista about every Monday and every Thursday when we have district meeting! So that is cool we are good friends! I kinda miss him and the teaching was a lot better but Elder Aliaga and I are getting along great and I think both Elder Aliaga and I are going to learn a lot! They kinda threw the two of us out here with each other without a lot of experience, but I know it will be for the best.  Elder Baustista didn't really try to learn any English but Elder Aliaga wants to learn so we read things in english and spanish for that.  He doesn't know like anything so it is good! 
It makes me so glad to hear that your guys are reading the BOM I know that you will get huge blessings from that! Really when the family has the gospel and lives it they are so much happier and they have so much more power to withstand temptation and it is just awesome! Kinda crazy how awesome the gospel is! One scripture I like that is a good example of the effects of the gospel is 4 Nephi 1:15-18! 
Tell every one that I love them! I do not have very many emails this week so get on them for that!! I want to hear from you guys!!! 
I love you mom! Miss ya! :)
Elder Guild

No comments:

Post a Comment